Home Assistant Dashboard – Tesla
This Home Assistant dashboard view covers everything related to my car. I’m still amazed at how much data is available through the unofficial Tesla API. This view gives me quick access to everything I want to know about my car and control it remotely.
- Open Frunk when the NFC tag is scanned by the Home Assistant companion app for iOS
- Open charger door when NFC tag is scanned by the Home Assistant companion app for iOS
- Notify and open the charger door when arriving home with a low battery
- This uses Tesla API via Teslamate to know exactly when the car is parked and the car is unoccupied to trigger opening the charger door so it’s immediately actionable
- Activate Tesla’s sentry mode which records footage from all its cameras when the garage door opens for amazon key delivery
- Open and close garage cover when arriving/leaving home
- Uses Teslamate for accurate geolocation so the garage cover only opens when I’m very close to the home and it closes within 2 minutes automatically if it was a false positive (Which happened when I was driving around the house)
- Open the garage cover when the car is in the garage and it shifts to “Reverse”
- Uses Teslamate for shifter state. Closes the garage when shifter state changes to “Drive” indicating the car is out of the garage space.
- Starts preheating the battery and climate control when a Zigbee button is pressed
- The button is near our shoe rack inside the house, so I just need to press it when we are getting ready to leave