Home Assistant Dashboard – Climate Control
This Home Assistant dashboard view covers everything related to the indoor climate and climate controls.
- Nest thermostat
- Dummy thermostat to mock upstairs climate control
- Zigbee temperature, humidity and illuminance sensors
- Switch climate control zones based on time of the day and occupancy
- I don’t have multiple hvac zones. I have a nest thermostat downstairs, but upstairs temperature always varies. Especially the bedroom temprature is very different based on the amount of sunlight it gets, if the bedroom door is open/closed, if the windows shades are open/closed, etc.
- So I created a dummy zone for upstairs and a dummy thermostat. A couple of automations around this controls the nest thermostat to mimic climate control for the dummy zone
- I can also control this dummy thermostat with Alexa and Siri
Check out my other posts in the Show and Tell series.